Sunday 2 February 2014

Honda CG 125





Honda CG 125......

As far as most people are concerned, Kathmandu in Nepal is about as far away from Western civilisation as it’s possible to get. It conjures up images of lost Himalayan citadels, ancient legends, monks, Yak’s milk tea, impassable trails and the Yeti… So we were more than pleasantly surprised to get this sweet like 125cc build from Raajib Sayami of RS MOTO in the ancient mountain city. …Who knew?I wanted to do something with motorcycles but I was just playing bass in a band with pretty much no idea about building machines.  This is my attempt at least to start learning. And I’m still learning”The bike is a 1982 Honda CG125, but remaking her into something more desirable wasn’t going to be straight forward in a place with strict rules that no-one quite understands. “The rules and laws are crazy in Nepal. You can’t change any parts on the motorcycle, and if you do change anything, it’s considered modification, which is illegal. So if you do anything to a motorcycle, it’s on your own risk when you drive in town. No one knows how much you gotta pay for what you did on your bike..sometimes just changing a different type of mirror cost you Rs 5,000. Traffic police in Kathmandu just don’t like to see bikes that look different.”“I did what I love to – it’s my freedom. I started working on my bikes, people got interested looking at my bikes and then I helped a few friends and friends of friends. I always get help from people when I need it. Working with motorcycles became a way of educating myself. The last two years or so my life has been motorcycles. Last year I decided to give name my operation a name: RS MOTO…All I remember is the frame and few parts of the engine in a box on my friend’s basement floor. Everything I needed was there, it was just in pieces. Then I decided to make something new that was true to the original motorcycle. I wanted to make this bike alive and running.”The tank comes from a CG110 mounted to the standard frame, although the swingarm has been lengthened. The front forks are from a Honda CBZ and the rear light is made by Stanley and the front from an XL. The engine is standard but has been rebuilt, and free breathing carbs suck in the air while burnt gases exit through a wrapped pipe with home built custom exhaust. Wiring is all new. The handlebar is from a Ducati 796........................................
Facebook Page. & web page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karachimotoindex/550653718338128

No comments:

Post a Comment